Fox Valley Anime Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fox Valley Anime Society

The anime club for the older fan!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED RIGHT!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Roxy Blossom

Roxy Blossom

LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED RIGHT!!! Empty
PostSubject: LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED RIGHT!!!   LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED RIGHT!!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 7:12 pm

Hey, I'm Hannah I just moved here in Appleton about a year ago and lived in Watertown for 10 years and it was bleak for those years because there was no one to relate with, the people I did have contact with was lets say......boring.. and they acted more like robots.....
Anyway I'm a completely new to anime and mangma n00bie, I think that's what we call our self. The only thing that got me interested in anime was Cowboy Bebop and that's only because al lot of people said its was like Firefly the TV show and I'm a jazz music lover and so I think that's my favourite so far. So if you have anything that I might be interested in throw it my way. Laughing

Otherwise I'm a Whovian, a Ringer, a Sherlockian, a Hitchhiker, a Narnian, Somewhat of a potterhead I only watched the movies, a red dwarfian (uk tv show red dwarf), a trekkie, a Jedi Knight, a bowncoat and my boyfriend just now got me into MLP friendship is magic so yeah Pegasister mmmm I'm sure I have more but I can't think of them right now.
alien

A little more about me, I'm home-schooled never been to a public school before
and didn't have too many friends because of family problems and me being the oldest had to take care of them but now since they are older I can have a life of my own. And like to fill it up with friends and possibly a job...... Already got a boyfriend and love him dearly.
Guess that's it for now except for right now trying to get my GED and drivers licence...

P.S I tend to have many voices or accents, some are good, some need more work.
Back to top Go down
http://itsanoodworldafterall.blogspot.com
quarion

quarion

PostSubject: Re: LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED RIGHT!!!   LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED RIGHT!!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 3:20 am

Hello again and welcome. I'm Matt, the only guy in attendance last Friday if you want a face to put with the forum name.

Firefly, Doctor Who, Sherlock, Hitchhiker's, and MLP, eh? Good taste in shows I'd say. ^_^
Some day I'll have to check out Red Dwarf as well, but for now I still have way too much classic Doctor Who to catch up on.

Just out of curiosity, does the term Sherlockian refer only to the fandom of the BBC show Sherlock or the wider fandom of Sherlock Holmes in general? I'm not the most up to date on the fandom terms these days. ^^;

In any case, I hope you enjoy yourself at the meetings and find even more anime and manga to love.
Back to top Go down
Roxy Blossom

Roxy Blossom

PostSubject: Re: LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED RIGHT!!!   LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED RIGHT!!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 5:38 am

HI Matt!
First Off: AWESOME picture with the ponies and the tardis, cool.
Second: Jon Pertwee is my all time favourite old doctor, I do love David as second, Sylvester McCoy as third and Christopher Eccleston as forth. I love you
Third:All of Sherlock Holmes that means the Books, the TV show, the Films. I own the volumes of the books.
Forth:Red Dwarf is the best sci-fi comic show, its really funny.
Thanks for the welcome and I did enjoy the meeting the gang.

DFTBA!!!
Back to top Go down
quarion

quarion

PostSubject: Re: LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED RIGHT!!!   LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED RIGHT!!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 7:34 am

I don't remember off-hand who actually made the GIF, but I first saw it used during the end credits of the fan-made radio play series Doctor Whooves and Assistant, a rather interesting crossover series of Doctor Who and MLP:FIM. I'd also recommend the Doctor Whooves Adventures if that sort of thing appeals to you. Both writers are well versed in Whovian and pony lore.

Aside from a few clips, I've only seen the modern Doctors and the first Doctor. I am looking forward to seeing all of the Doctors that so many people remember fondly. Just four more serials to go before I get to the second Doctor.

I see. Then count me as a Sherlockian as well. I haven't read all of the original stories or seen all of his incarnations, but I've certainly enjoyed what I've seen. Have you by any chance seen CBS's series Elementary? It puts an interesting spin on the characters and setting. I'd be interested in hearing the opinion of another Sherlock fan.

Forgive me if I seem dense, but might I ask what "DFTBA" stands for. So many abbreviations and terms that I don't recognize these days.
Back to top Go down
Roxy Blossom

Roxy Blossom

PostSubject: Re: LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED RIGHT!!!   LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED RIGHT!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 4:04 am

Yah I've been watching Doctor whooves on youtube and fell in love with it, its funny and the doctor pony is pretty cool.

I've watched the first doctor and then only some of the second, all the third ones.
The fourth mmm I think only 7 episodes before I got tired and the 5th, 6th, I didn't watch.
7th I watched only three episodes, I've seen the 8th 1996 Doctor who movie.
The shalka doctor animated and only one of the two 1960 movies "Dr. Who and the Daleks" AND "Daleks - Invasion Earth 2150 AD" that one as been put on the back burner for unknown reason.(I think because I didn't find a link to it)
And of course the comical "Doctor Who and the Curse of Fatal Death" episode.
Only seen the first season of Sarah Jane adventures but not her with K-9.
Also seen torchwood but only up to the third season....got rather bored with that one.

Awesome, welcome fellow Sherlockian, the CBS's series Elementary? nope. Been rather busy with watching "Invader Zim" and reading a Dragonlance book.

And no you're not dense, I just forgot to put the meaning of it up.
It means "Don't Forgot To Be Awesome" it comes from two brothers who formed a sort of club, originally it was made on youtube but it grew over the past 5ish years.
So that people who are nerds, geeks and gamers can find other people who have the same interest and be awesome together. We are called nerdfighters (yeah its ood).

The intro: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And then the website: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED RIGHT!!!   LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED RIGHT!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED RIGHT!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fox Valley Anime Society :: Club Content :: Introductions and Bios-
Jump to: