Fox Valley Anime Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fox Valley Anime Society

The anime club for the older fan!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New meeting place!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DabbleDeDork

DabbleDeDork

New meeting place! Empty
PostSubject: New meeting place!   New meeting place! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 9:44 pm

I've posted this on Facebook, but would like to get our forum only members opinion on a certain topic. With the increasing difficulty of trying to get the rights to show anime at the library, I would like to propose that we meet the house of any member of the club. I've had eeveelover say her boyfriend would be willing and also Micheal (speedlemon) is willing. We would still meet earlier during the day for a Manga Madness so newer members can get to know us, and we would then have an anime showing at someones house. You would not have to come to both, but it is encouraged.

So, what do you guys and gals think?
Back to top Go down
http://dabblededork.tumblr.com
quarion

quarion

New meeting place! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New meeting place!   New meeting place! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 4:26 am

I think this sounds like a great idea. Having the anime showing after the Manga Madness could allow some members, who may be unable to attend so early on Fridays, to attend the showings, and having the showings in a private setting will not only get around having to acquire the the rights, but also open up the possibility to show series for which american companies no longer have the licenses. (some old Geneon titles, for example)

I would also like to offer my place as a potential meeting place for showings. Well, I suppose I should say that its my parents' place (yes, I'm living with my parents at the moment), but they did actually offer to let us meet here sometime when I was explaining how viewing rights work for public and private showings before this topic even came up here. I'd have to get permission for any given meeting, but that shouldn't be an issue as long as there is reasonable advance notice.

I should probably also mention that we have two cats in case that is a deal breaker for anyone with allergies.
Back to top Go down
OtakuGirl85

OtakuGirl85

New meeting place! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New meeting place!   New meeting place! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 3:55 pm

You're not the only one who stills live their parent's house, and even though I get allergies form cats I got shots when I was young so I can tolorate that. Just as long I get a ride home it's ok.
Back to top Go down
DabbleDeDork

DabbleDeDork

New meeting place! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New meeting place!   New meeting place! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 1:13 am

T-chan's allergic, but as long as she takes her medicine before, she'll be fine. I have a cat too and she's stayed over plenty of times. Also, how big is your T.V? Some members have trouble with smaller screens so I've been trying to find a larger one. But if one can't be found, we'll make do. Also, the next meeting is this Friday, if that's too soon I can see if Hannah's boyfriend will let us go to his place, his screens are 22" though so I don't want to because of afore mentioned members having trouble with small screens. Micheal has also offered, but he's not sure. Rest assured that after this, if your screen is larger than Hannah's boyfriend's, I will let you know the meeting dates at LEAST one month before!

Also, I would like to establish a 'home base' for the anime showings. If you are unable to do this, don't feel pressured into feeling you HAVE to, I realize this is a great favor your family is bestowing on the club and if they can't, we will respect their wishes.

And I know I didn't say this before but thank you and your family so much for offering!
Back to top Go down
quarion

quarion

New meeting place! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New meeting place!   New meeting place! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 5:12 am

My personal TV is about 22", but we'd likely be watching in the main living room, which has a bigger TV. I'm not sure of the exact size offhand, but if I had to guess, it would be around 30" or so.

This Friday might be a bit too short of a notice, but I will try asking anyways. I'd still advise having a back up just in case it doesn't work out for this week. I can also ask about the "home base" thing, but I'm not entirely sure what their response will be. They don't mind me having friends over so I'm sure we can work something out for at least some of the time. Do you know how many people are planning to attend this Friday? I don't know if it will make any difference, but it never hurts to have as much information as possible.

There is one thing that I would like to ask if showings are held at my place. Could we possibly avoid shows on the extreme side in terms of fan service and sexual content? I'm not necessarily against such shows, but I just think it would be a bit awkward to watch that kind of thing with my parents around. They probably won't be in the same room unless they have to pass through, but it is a small house and sound does carry.

One last thing that I forgot to mention before, one of our cats has recently decided to become very vocal at times. He can usually be consoled with some attention and a lap to lay down on, but it may happen during a meeting so I thought I should at least mention it in advance.
Back to top Go down
OtakuGirl85

OtakuGirl85

New meeting place! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New meeting place!   New meeting place! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 10:55 am

How about my place next meeting we got big TV's but we only one blu-ray player and that's in my room. So we can do it in the family room but we do not have a bul-ray player there so Amber can bring her blu-ray player. I'll talk to my parents after the meeting.
Back to top Go down
quarion

quarion

New meeting place! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New meeting place!   New meeting place! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 8:26 pm

This week won't work for my place, but I'll keep up the talks for future meetings.
Back to top Go down
DabbleDeDork

DabbleDeDork

New meeting place! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New meeting place!   New meeting place! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 9:53 pm

@OtakuGirl85 That would be good, but I need to know if we can meet there before the meeting takes place on Friday so we have a definite place to meet after Manga Madness.

@quarion That's ok, and thank you for offering to keep up the talks! I'll have it down as a maybe for future meetings!
Back to top Go down
Roxy Blossom

Roxy Blossom

New meeting place! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New meeting place!   New meeting place! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 2:15 am

okay if we are meeting at my boyfriend place its at 216 Clairmont Court apartment 7, neenah.

But if we have a different place let me know.
Back to top Go down
http://itsanoodworldafterall.blogspot.com
DabbleDeDork

DabbleDeDork

New meeting place! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New meeting place!   New meeting place! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 3:16 am

TO EEVEELOVER AND WHOMEVER ELSE WILL READ THIS!

The anime showing will be held at Rachel's family's house. Directions will be given at the Manga Madness meeting, so please make it if you can! Hope to see you there!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New meeting place! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New meeting place!   New meeting place! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New meeting place!
Page 1 of 1