Fox Valley Anime Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fox Valley Anime Society

The anime club for the older fan!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hello Everyone

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BlondShutterBug

BlondShutterBug

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 9:02 pm

I would like to introduce myself my name is Tracie also called T-Chan. I live in Denmark, WI and I am a childhood friend of Amber (DabbledeDork). I just turned 23 in early September but I am still very enthusiastic about Anime, Manga, etc.

Currently I do not have a favorite anime but I am very interested in Puella Magi Madoka Magica and will be attending Anime Central 2013 in Chicago cosplaying as Mami Tomoe Razz which I am very excited because she is a wonderful character. I have some manga (not as much as DabbledeDork hehe) but I try to get any when I have the extra money but currently I am on a very tight budget.

Some Conventions that I have had the honor of attending include Anime Central or ACEN in 2005, 2006, 2009, and 2012. Also Anime Detour which is in Minneapolis, MN in 2007. This con was very small at the time but was so much fun and one day we will be going back.

In 2005 I did not cosplay when I attended ACEN but in 2006, I cosplayed as Tsunade from the anime Naruto and that was the first time I had ever cosplayed. When we attended Anime Detour 2007 I had also cosplayed as Tsunade. In 2009 I was going to cosplay as Rangiku Matsumoto from the anime Bleach at ACEN but I had forgotten a piece of my cosplay at home so instead I cosplayed as Light Yagami from the anime Death Note and also Tsunade. At the Con I had purchased a Lolita jumpskirt from Bodyline and I wore that on the last day of the con. ACEN 2012 I wore my Lolita jumpskirt, also cosplayed Rangiku Matsumoto, and Tsunade. After ACEN 2012 my Tsunade cosplay is retired.
Back to top Go down
DabbleDeDork

DabbleDeDork

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 8:23 am

Which reminds me, I have the first volume of the Puella Magi Madoka Magica manga if you want to read it.
Back to top Go down
http://dabblededork.tumblr.com
BlondShutterBug

BlondShutterBug

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 4:27 am

Shocked I ssssssooooo need that THANK YOU!
Back to top Go down
OtakuGirl85

OtakuGirl85

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 10:11 pm

Hi i'm Rachel. I'm 26 (soon to be 27 on October 18). I never went to collage and I never had an anime club in the school I went to. I was born and rasied in Brillion but I move here with my family in Appleton 5 years ago in 2007 for my job and activitys here. Even though I didn't knew at the time I'd been watching anime since I was 3 (back in 1989 I think) and it was the 1980 remake of Astro Boy, but the real first anime i'm came contact to was Sailor Moon and Dragonball ( Z to be exact). I got involved in manga back when I was high school in 2003 (during the summer), my first manga I'd read was Yu-Gi-Oh.
Mostly i like Shonen but I do like Shojo, I like almost any genre sci fi/fantasy, vampire, horror, martial arts, ecchi/harem, police, mecha otaku profile, slice of life just to name a few. I also like to play Video Games(mainly japanese ones) . I like the genres of RPG, Strategy, online and certian FIghting and action games as well as game based off of anime/manga series, but I like things like translated in english cause I don't understand japanese well.
I was hit with an mental illness and I just avoided watching anime or read manga much or haven't played video games between 2003 and 2007. It wasn't till 2005 when I started going to the Anime for Teens program at the Appleton Libary. I was 19 at the time and they made an exception. I've been going to most between there and 2011 when I got kicked out for being an adult as well for the libary being more frim to their programs (of course I tolded mom about that and she got mad). In 2007 I started renting anime thourgh the libary and later that year through Anime Nation's Rent Anime which I still contune to this day. I started reading manga more in 2009 however I do it mostly through the libary.
In 2006 I started going to the NoBrand Anime Convention in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. I've been going there for over six years (although I went to DaishoCon one year). I'm a staff member in training for KitsuneKon for the past month and want to attend with them to every anime convention in Wisconsin and do activtys with them.
My big dream is work in the Anime/Manga/Video Game Indursty. I don't make a lot of money, I work two days a week at Goodwill, I have no collage education and I am not happy so i'm writting the lisceners a letter. Maybe I can be more involved in either voice actiing or advertivement while getting the additional experinces I need to advance for this career and it's more diffcult because I was in Special Education back in Middle and High School. So yeah I had hard times in my life and I learned life's lessons through Manga and Anime.
My non anime/manga activies include watching a lot of TV, hanging out with my friend, playing bingo, bum around with my dad and go to the YMCA on the days after I work. I get a lot of excercise form going to the Y and playing Dance Dance Revoution as well as a fashion holic cause I like watching America's Next Top Model and crime shows like Amercia's Most Wanted.
Oh and I also collect Poke'mon/Yu-Gi-Oh trading cards.
Hopefully through this club I can interact poeple who like Anime and Manga cause I have Autism and Aspers Syrdome.
Back to top Go down
DabbleDeDork

DabbleDeDork

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 12:55 am

Aw, *hugs* you've been though a lot. I'm happy though that you have dreams and the drive to succeed in them. And I hope that together we expand our horizons in anime and manga and make lots of new friends together!

And have no fear of your autism or aspers syndrome, you will make friends here! I for one thing think your knowledge of anime licensors and voice actors AMAZING! The fact that you know so much is astounding! I can already tell that you're going to be a great asset to this club!

Cheers and warm welcomes,
Amber

Can't wait to see you in two days! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://dabblededork.tumblr.com
OtakuGirl85

OtakuGirl85

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 10:05 am

Thanks I want to be treated normal, I don't like to be branded as disabled.
Back to top Go down
BlondShutterBug

BlondShutterBug

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 2:11 pm

Welcome Rachel,

I am very pleased to meet you and cant express how wonderful to have you join our group. We are here to watch anime, read manga, meet fellow geeks, and have Loads of FUN!!! Hope to see you at the meeting today. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello Everyone
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fox Valley Anime Society :: Club Content :: Introductions and Bios-
Jump to: