Fox Valley Anime Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fox Valley Anime Society

The anime club for the older fan!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Meeting Idea! Please give input!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DabbleDeDork

DabbleDeDork

New Meeting Idea!  Please give input! Empty
PostSubject: New Meeting Idea! Please give input!   New Meeting Idea!  Please give input! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 4:02 am

I was wondering, since in the club description on the posters and the event description on the event calender of the library lists reading manga as one of the things we do, would you guys want to do basically a manga session? Everyone would bring a volume or two of their favorite manga to let someone borrow and read at that specific meeting. To prevent any accidental walking off with anyones manga we all would put a specific item of ours (shoe, necklace, earring, etc.) in a pile at the front of the room to be retrieved once everyone who brought manga has gotten their manga back. This could also be an opportunity to talk about the differences between a manga/anime or to talk about a favorite manga in general.

This meeting would be held a few days prior to the regular anime/club meeting and would be held once every six weeks instead of once every three.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions?
Back to top Go down
http://dabblededork.tumblr.com
BlondShutterBug

BlondShutterBug

PostSubject: New Meeting Idea! Please give input!   New Meeting Idea!  Please give input! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 5:53 pm

I think that is a wonderful idea. I dont know if everyone is like me but doesn't have a large manga library but to maybe suggest something in the forums here for example "does anyone have volumes 2-3 of bleach?" or something along those lines. Then someone can say yes I do, so that person can bring those volumes to the meeting and place a shoe like Amber suggested and you can read them. Also like Amber and I she suggests manga for me allllllll the time that she thinks is something I would like and SHE IS ALWAYS RIGHT for me anyway. This could be a great way to maybe read some manga you may not have thought you would like I know I am always looking for new and different genres to read.

Also after we read we can have a discussion about what everyone likes in manga, questions, concerns, etc.
Back to top Go down
DabbleDeDork

DabbleDeDork

PostSubject: Re: New Meeting Idea! Please give input!   New Meeting Idea!  Please give input! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 11:45 pm

This is a great idea! Man, I'm liking the idea of Manga Madness even more! Definitely bringing this up at the meeting if no one else posts beforehand!
Back to top Go down
quarion

quarion

PostSubject: Re: New Meeting Idea! Please give input!   New Meeting Idea!  Please give input! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 11:15 pm

I don't have a particularly large amount of manga, but I'd be happy to bring some in for something like this.
Back to top Go down
DabbleDeDork

DabbleDeDork

PostSubject: Re: New Meeting Idea! Please give input!   New Meeting Idea!  Please give input! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 4:11 am

That's perfectly fine! I'm thinking about everyone letting people know what they're bringing so there's no overlap (like what Tracie (BlondShutterBug) suggested). And thanks for your input!
Back to top Go down
BlondShutterBug

BlondShutterBug

PostSubject: New Meeting Idea! Please give input!   New Meeting Idea!  Please give input! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 5:08 pm

I have another idea that we can take a little time at each meeting and have a show and tell session. Everyone can bring something anime/manga/Japanese culture/ etc. related that means something special to you and you can talk about how its special to you, where you got it, stuff like that. I hope this doesn't sound to kindergartenie to anyone. But dont bring anything that's very valuable unless your comfortable bringing because we are not responsible for any valuables. This is just a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
DabbleDeDork

DabbleDeDork

PostSubject: Re: New Meeting Idea! Please give input!   New Meeting Idea!  Please give input! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 12:01 am

It might be difficult to do this given time constraints, but I can pose this idea at the next meeting. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BlondShutterBug

BlondShutterBug

PostSubject: New Meeting Idea! Please give input!   New Meeting Idea!  Please give input! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 3:54 pm

That's what I figured. Once we get to big we definitely wont have time. Ill just try and think of something else. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Meeting Idea! Please give input!   New Meeting Idea!  Please give input! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Meeting Idea! Please give input!
Page 1 of 1