Fox Valley Anime Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fox Valley Anime Society

The anime club for the older fan!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Manga Madness

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BlondShutterBug

BlondShutterBug

Manga Madness Empty
PostSubject: Manga Madness   Manga Madness Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 11:17 pm

For the Manga Madness Meeting I thought this would be a great place to list what everyone has or what they would like to request to bring at the Manga Madness.

My Collection consists of:

Black Butler~~~~~vol. 1
Bride of the Water God~vol. 1-9
Chrono Crusade~~~~~vol. 1-8
Claymore~~~~~vol. 1-19
Deathnote~~~~~vol. 1-7
Dramacon~~~~~vol. 1-3
Eerie Queerie (YAOI)~~~~~vol. 1-4
Fate/Stay Night~~~~~vol. 1-2
Godchild~~~~~vol. 1-8
Murder Princess~~~~~vol. 1-2
Record of Lodoss War: Deedlite’s Tale
Return to Labyrinth~~~~~vol. 1-4
Saiyuki Reload~~~~~vol. 1-2
The Cain Sage~~~~~vol. 1-4
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time~vol. 1
Tsubasa~~~~~vol. 1-10
Vampire Knight~~~~~vol. 1

You dont have to post your collection but Im not very good at pointing out what managa someone may like Amber is much better at it. Smile So ill bring a few first vol. unless someone requests more. Here you can post a little bit of your collection if you desire.
Back to top Go down
quarion

quarion

Manga Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manga Madness   Manga Madness Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 9:41 pm

My collection:

.hack: Legend of the Twilight vol. 1-3
Case Closed vol. 1-5
Deathnote vol. 1-6
Excel Saga vol. 1
FLCL vol. 1-2
Fullmetal Alchemist vol. 1-22
Higurashi When They Cry vol. 1-4
Ranma 1/2 vol. 1-7

There may be a few more volumes scattered about somewhere, but I think that is the majority of it.

I might also be able to borrow some manga from my brother sometime if he agrees to let me bring any of it in. I don't know exactly what he has off-hand, but I know he has some Rurouni Kenshin, Lovely Complex, and Bakuman.
Back to top Go down
DabbleDeDork

DabbleDeDork

Manga Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manga Madness   Manga Madness Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 8:10 am

A few I plan on bringing to either the first Manga Madness or future ones are:

Bakuman 1-15
Kimi ni Todoke 1-14
Cardcaptor Sakura Omnibus 1-4 (so basically the whole series)
Gunslinger Girl Omnibus 1-5 (Volumes 1-12)
Puella Magi Madoka Magica 1-2
Azumanga Daioh 1-4
A Certain Scientific Railgun 1-5
Blue Exorcist 1-7
Dramacon 1-3
Eyeshield 21 1-37
D.Gray-man 1-10
High School of the Dead 1-7
Itsuwaribito 1-6
Sailor V 1-2
Sailor Moon 1-7
Mardock Scramble 1-5
Bleach 1-24
One Piece 1-10

and a few others.

But the first one (on Nov 13) I'm definitely bringing Blue Exorcist and Mardock Scramble! Very Happy

And if I may Matt, could I request you bring Higurashi When They Cry 1-4 please?
Back to top Go down
http://dabblededork.tumblr.com
BlondShutterBug

BlondShutterBug

Manga Madness Empty
PostSubject: Manga Madness   Manga Madness Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 7:17 pm

So would like to request Blue Exorcist and I need to finish Merdock Scramble but I can do that anytime XP.
Back to top Go down
quarion

quarion

Manga Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manga Madness   Manga Madness Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 2:40 am

I'd be happy to bring in Higurashi. I'll start looking into picking up some more of the series too. Pending pricing and availability, I might be able to get the next two arcs for the following Manga Madness.
Back to top Go down
quarion

quarion

Manga Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manga Madness   Manga Madness Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 5:16 am

Since my improvised description of Higurashi from the first Manga Madness meeting kind of sucked, I though I'd give it a try when I actually have some time to put some thought into it:

Keiichi Maebara, the most recent resident of the rural town of Hinamizawa, learns that the quiet town has been plagued by a series of mysterious deaths. Is it the curse of local legends? Or perhaps the villagers know more than they let on.

The story of Higurashi: When They Cry is told over the course of eight major arcs. Each arc contains clues pointing towards the truth behind the tragic events; however, each arc also contains many false leads. The author encourages readers to share their theories with others and attempt to solve the mysteries of Hinamizawa as they progress through the story.

Just as a warning for any that it may apply, Higurashi does contain a number of bloody scenes. The sound novel and the anime were not particularly graphic with violent scenes, but I have not finished collecting the manga so I do not know how they will be depicted in the manga version.

Its hard to give a thorough description without potentially giving away too much, but hopefully this will better serve as a representation of the series than my three line improvisation from the meeting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Manga Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manga Madness   Manga Madness Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Manga Madness
Page 1 of 1